Monday, February 11, 2013

A Little More About Louie

Hi! I'm Louie. I'm 23 years old, almost 24. I'm an avid New England Revolution fan and running enthusiast. Okay, some may say I'm crazy when it comes to my running, but I really like it.

As for what got me into running, it was a combination of things. My post-graduation life was not going the way I had thought it would. I was struggling to find a job and had recently gone through a break up.  I decided to go buy a pair of running shoes because at least that was something I could control. I could control whether I got up and went for a run.

I started running pretty slowly.  I was excited about a 15 minute mile and being able to run more than a mile.  Eventually, I decided to start running races. Well, I was talked into it because I had no plans to race. I was not comfortable with my ability to run, but still signed up for my first race. It was a the Harvard Pilgrim Finish at the 50 10k on July 3rd.  I have been addicted since. I have run 5k's, 10k's, 5 milers, a Spartan Race, and other obstacle races. I plan to continue to run them and I hope you enjoy the reviews and other posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment