Monday, February 11, 2013

Music for Running Review: The Heist by Macklemore and Ryan Lewis

      The connection between running and music is an interesting one. The type of music I like to listen really depends on the mood I am in when it comes time to run. Some runs I prefer dubstep. Some I prefer more of an alternative rock. Acoustic rock has made it's way into my music choice and even just a run with nothing but my thoughts happens occasionally. I thought it would be a cool feature to look at some artists and how I felt while running and listening to their music.
    For the first review on this topic I decided to do The Heist by Macklemore and Ryan Lewis. There were a few songs on this album that I thought were great for using during a workout or running and others that were not the great for either. When I workout I tend to look for songs that are upbeat and energetic and my choices reflect that fully:

The songs I really liked to workout to:
1. Make the Money
2. Thrift Shop
3. Thin Line

The songs that I didn't like working out to:
1. Neon Cathedral
2. Cowboy Boots
3. BomBom

    This is by no means an indictment of the album in general. In fact, I actually really liked the entire album outside of working out. It's a great album with a lot of great music. I would recommend anyone who likes hip-hop to get a hold of it. It's worth a listen and has a great message throughout many of the songs.

Let me know what you think about this.


No comments:

Post a Comment