Monday, February 11, 2013

Welcome to VStR! / Meet Riley

Hey everyone! Welcome to Versus the Road, a blog all about racing, running, and fitness.

My good friend Louie and I have become quite the running freaks ever since we graduated college, and thought a blog would be a great place to talk about and share our love for the sport. Here we'll post training stories, race reviews, fitness tips, and everything in between. We're both excited to get this project started, and to share our journey through the racing world with you all!

---

Me after finishing Color Me Rad
Before we kick this thing off, I suppose I should introduce myself. My name's Riley and I'm a 22 year-old athlete living about 45 minutes outside of Boston. I've been active my entire life - from toddler ballet at age 3, to being captain of my college's women's lacrosse team at age 21.

After graduation, I turned to long distance running to stay in shape, and completed my first official 5K in July of 2012 (Color Me Rad!). Being a poor post-grad, I haven't competed in lots of "official" races since my finals days as a track athlete, but I'm hoping to change that in 2013.

Since I started running distance, my ultimate goal has been to finish a marathon. This October, I'm going to have the opportunity to reach that goal by running in the Hartford Marathon. I have a lot of work to do before I'm ready to take on 26.2, but I'm looking forward to October when I can finally attempt it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment